Another week is upon us, hope you had a fabulous weekend.
Katie has been working on a very intriguing canvas, using a huge mix of stash from the shop.
- I started off by painting the base with black gesso and then sticking down all the embellishments and then painting it again with black gesso.
- The focal point was made by gluing a resin face to the metal frame and then sticking that to a mdf spoon.
- once the first layer was done i then painted the main pieces with white gesso and then spritzed the centre of the canvas with copper and scarlet sprays before spraying violet over the rest of the canvas.
- I added the micro beads and glass chips using gel medium
- I painted the word with the rust paste so it would stand out.
Click to view on website
Wow, what an amazing canvas, so much detail to look at. Thanks Katie.
If you would like to see more of Katie's projects, please check out her blog https://whatkatiedid2.blogspot.co.uk/
We would love you to support our designers and leave a lovely comment.