Search This Blog

Thursday 24 May 2018

3D Fairy Art Doll by Jules










Hello wonderful crafty people

Its my turn on the blog tonight, and I am also using the stunning Lindy's magical shakers and my Girl002 plate.

I really wanted to make a 3D project with my stamps and knew when I was designing them, that the boarder stamp in this set would make a great skirt....

Now unfortunately I didn't take step by step photos for this one, so I shall describe how it was made.




My 1st step was to find a stand I could use, I took a cardboard tube I have hanging around for an age (you could use an empty tube from a roll of foil) and painted it black, then with some white tissue paper, I stamps the flower trio with clear ink and cover with white embossing powder.

Heat set, and then wrap around the tube using a matt medium. I did get some tears but hey its mixed media right :)

I needed a base for this tube so I found some large flower hollows from old potpourri (never throw this stuff out) and glue to a piece of card and again painted black.

Stamping came next, first the girl and rows of boarders, I used some of the script stamps which I had white embossed for a different project for a belt and some left over flowers I previously stamped on fabric.





I made her body longer and drew in some arms, before adding some texture with a stencil and modelling paste.

Next came the colour, I used Spectrum Noir markers for her face and hair.

Once the boarder stamp was cut out I used a range of Lindy's Magical shakers on my craft mat, sprayed them with water  and randomly dragged the card through the colours before assembling them into a skirt shape.



I was really pleased with the multi-colour effect, so decided to use them on my resin wings as well. I normally gesso my resin first if I am adding colour, but decided to try without this time. Its harder to build the colour but again I was happy with the result.

All that was left to do was glue the wings behind the stamped image to the roll. This was harder than I expected, but using 3D gel I managed to get there in the end.

She's about 45cm tall and sitting on my shelf now, loved doing this and its given me another idea.............









Thanks for looking  


Jules xx


No comments:

Post a Comment