Search This Blog

Thursday 25 October 2018

Halloween Tombstone Wall Hanging by Katie Lamb



Hello fabulous crafters 

If you love making Halloween projects which are fun and bright, then this project from Katie is perfect for you. It also shows its best to keep your eye out (no pun intended...haha) for cheap things you can alter and turn into a fabulous mixed media piece. 

All the products used on this project are linked at the end of the blog.


Hello all
This project began as a wooden Halloween wall plaque from Poundland, I stocked up on a few from last year and have been creating my own shop of horrors with them. 
I look forward to my annual rummage to see what I can find to alter.
I have a short video to go with the project on creating the crackle and weathered wood effect.



I find that black gesso will cover over all the writing and print so that something like a pre-printed wall hanging can be redecorated. If you can't get hold of any black gesso then a few layers of black paint will do the trick. 


I used Crackle medium and crackle paint to get the deep cracks as shown in the video.
 

The rust is created by applying a blob of Red Oxide Fluid Acrylic Paint to the edges of the plaque and then spraying it with water so it runs down the sides. 

Once this was dry I mixed modelling paste with green ink and applied a stencil mask.




The chipboard spiders have been painted and then decorated with gems,the  Pear Drop Marbled Gems just happen to be the right shape for the spider's body.


I used ink to spray white paper flowers, these are the flat mulberry type so to get them to look like flowers I layered three flowers together and then crumpled them up whilst wet. 

I added glass eye cabochons and skull beads to the middle. 







The skull in the centre is made using a mould and paper clay. It was then painted purple with a layer of metallic paint over the top.(Readers, we have a brand new resin skull face just added to the shop - link here)

I added the pearl balls and charms around the project with a few paper die cuts.








 
Thanks Katie :)

If you have any questions about this or any project on the blog please do ask, we are more than happy to help.

If you would like to see more of Katie's projects, please check out her blog https://whatkatiedid2.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment