Search This Blog

Thursday 7 February 2019

Sweet Home - Altered Tea bag Dispenser by Priya Mishra


Good evening peeps

Tonight we welcome Priya back to the blog for 2019 and wow she has really pretty project made from recycling packaging, proving once again to save everything you can as you never know when it will come in handy. Although maybe if you can't see the floor anymore its time to part with some things hahaha. 

We are having a pink pink week here at Artful Days to inspire you for Valentines makes, or if you simply love pink. 

As already links to the products used are at the end of the blog. 



Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I have a beautiful Altered Art to share with you.
February is Valentines month and I thought of creating something really cute and romantic.

I had this flask packaging with me, I actually never through to use any such box in my Mixed Media projects.

This is a tall box and I altered it into a beautiful Tea bag dispenser...

Image result for milton flask with packaging

First I cut the box in the shape of a house and created the space for Tea bag dispense. Then I attached it to another hard cardboard base and attached the roof. 

Then I layered the whole piece with Prima heavy white gesso and once that dried I added a coat of Crackle texture paste.

Then I attached some cheese cloth on the roof and sides of the project and also attached small chipboard cutouts here and there. 

At the window I attached a paper roll to give some depth.After everything is dried, I coloured it.

Then I adhered some paper flowers, some butterflies and twines to decorate it. 

I also attached some laser cut chipboard and a chipboard piece which says "Sweet Home" on to it. Adhered some stones here and there and finally attached the fence around the house to complete the look. I did not colour that piece of chipboard and I like the way it is complementing the whole project.

Here are a few more pics of the project.

Hope you like my project.
Thanks for visiting,
Hugs,






Thanks Priya

If you have any questions about this or any project on the blog please do ask, we are more than happy to help.

Please leave a lovely comment to support our designers and thanks for looking.

For more projects for Priya please click on the links below to follow & like her pages.

Blog

Thanks Jules xx


No comments:

Post a Comment