Search This Blog

Thursday 29 November 2018

An Artful Altered Bottle by Priya Mishra



Evening all

Well I love an altered bottle and I have a few stashed around my craft room which I have picked up from charity shops and car boot sales. Of course wine, beer and even pop bottles can be used to make a stunning project.
When Priya sent me her project for tonight I was in awe of the amount of stunning embellishments used, and you can feel the texture in this project. Using the filigree shapes is really easy on a bottle because the bend so easily, to curve around any shape of bottle.

We would love to see any designs you make based on any of our blogs and you can share them in our craft group Artful Play Days, you can also ask us any questions on how to make the projects we share. 

See the list of everything used at end of the blog.

Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I am Sharing an Altered Bottle with you all. Altered art is one of my favourite techniques and I love How we can transform simple things into some awesome masterpieces.



For this I used AD MDF, metal filigree embellishments and lace along with the Texture stones.

For colouring this piece I used Finnabair Metallic Paints and waxes.












First I gave a coat of black gesso all over followed by some stencilling.

Then I glued some lace on the neck of the bottle and attached some chipboard.

I layered some more chipboard on the centre of the bottle.
  



Then I attached the Heart with wings MDF on the neck of the bottle and some flowers.

I added some texture stones and texture sand  here and there.

Then I covered the whole bottle with black gesso again.






Once it is completely dry, I started applying colours.

I dry brushed with metallic paint Ancient Coin and Dark Violet.
Then I applied some Vintage Gold and Mystique Turquoise wax all over.





                  





Thanks Priya

If you have any questions about this or any project on the blog please do ask, we are more than happy to help.

Please leave a lovely comment to support our designers and thanks for looking.

For more projects for Priya please click on the links below to follow & like her pages.

Blog

Thanks Jules xx


No comments:

Post a Comment