Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Autumn canvas by Chris Cresswell


Evening Crafter's

Chris is on the blog tonight with a fantastic Autumn canvas 









Hi everyone, Chris Cresswell here with my Autumn Canvas, using some of the scrummy products in this month's Goodie Box: Changing Seasons. 







 I chose to use a square 8" X 8" canvas, ready primed. I drew and painted a pumpkin shape to fill most of the surface but allowing for embellishments around the perimeter.



 I first sprayed the canvas, mainly around the edges and corners (including the sides), using Prima Colour Bloom sprays, choosing Autumnal colours. I added a beautiful, pink shimmery spray that was included in an earlier Goodie box! Once dry, I dabbed Distress Oxides through the fabulous leaf pattern stencil that's included this month. 



 Next, I chose some of the papers and tags to create a collage of images to fit the pumpkin. I love these tags! The burlap was perfect for the stumpy stem. I remembered to ink all the edges first! 



Now, it was just a case of choosing from the gorgeous selection of goodies to add embellishments and position them to create balance to the whole, overall image. I just adore those little resin leaves which I painted first before adding some acrylic glaze over the top. The little button pumpkin was a lucky find in my button box! I defined the perimeter with a Distress crayon: Rusty Hinge, blended in with my finger. 


 I wasn't happy to leave it at this point. I knew it needed something else. The sheaves of corn were perfect for added colour and defining the focal image. I also added some die-cut flourish leaves I had in my stash. Finally, using the little card that comes with each of the Goodie boxes, I cut out the title and the website name! And there you are. I love it! I hope it has persuaded you that you NEED to buy these Goodie boxes.  



Until next time...

This is how I put it together, but there are more photos and details on my blog if you're interested: https/loopsandlines.blogspot.co.uk

Oooh I love this can from Chris, so many elements and details to look at and clever idea to draw the pumpkin.

Please leave a lovely comment to support our designers .

Thanks for looking 

Jules xx 










No comments:

Post a Comment