Evening Crafters., Chris is back tonight with her final project this month.
Hi everyone, Chris Cresswell here with my second project using the gorgeous products in this month's Goodie Box, 'Changing Seasons'. I do hope you like my 'Shrine to Autumn'!
- I used a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Artful Shrine, one of her 'art Parts' kits, to create my Autumn Shrine. This is what it looked like before I gessoed all over each part, back and front.
- After a layer of gesso, I used several colours of PaperArtsy Fresco chalk paints, until I was happy with a fairly bright Autumnal orangey-red. I started with a layer of Haystack as this is an opaque chalk paint, followed by a layer of Pumpkin Soup, then Smoked Paprika, both translucents.
- I then used the gorgeous leaf stencil over these layers using a mixture of London Bus and Tango. I was tempted to doodle around these leaves once they were dry, with a white gel pen, but resisted!
- The next step was to choose and cut to shape one of the gorgeous and brand new Prima Ambermoon 6" X 6" scrapbooking papers and insert it into the niche. On top of this I selected and glued down one of the Prima Abermoon notecards. The words would be the focal point. You can see some of the papers and notecards here:
- Now it was time to assemble some of the embellishments from the Goodie box, bringing them together in celebration of Autumn. I was able to raise some of the elements by strategically placing a couple of the orange slices in the lower left hand corner. These fruit slices smell delicious! I've added a mini fir-cone and acorn, collected for me by my grandchildren! I couldn't resist adding a bit of glitter! I've sprayed the metal bronze fox charm with 'Gilded' Prima Colour Bloom. I love these sprays. Those orange wheat stems have become a real favourite, adding balance to the whole assemblage.
- The next step was to adorn the arch in some way. For this I glued down one of the yellow Daisy fabric flowers just below the centre of the arch. These flowers are huge and gorgeous. I had already used my larger resin leaves in my last project, so I used grunge paper and a Tim Holtz Bigz leaf die, cutting them down slightly and added these on either side of the flower, having coloured them first with some Distress Oxides: Fossilised Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Candied Apple.
- Finally, I cut a strip from one of the papers to add more words along the plinth, inking the edges first. And there you have it! It can stand alone, but I think I'll keep it on its little stand, bringing a little Autumn colour inside!
Thanks Chris, this is super sweet, it would make a great mantelpiece focal point for the Autumn months.
Be sure to take a look at Chris's blog. https/loopsandlines.blogspot.co.uk
a lovely comment to support our designers.
Thanks for looking