Search This Blog

Sunday 16 September 2018

Our New DT Members and A Dragons Tale By Jules Bell





Why hello, hello

Feels like ages since the last blog, been very lazy as just had 2 weeks off, back to the day job tomorrow....

So Its a 2 part blog tonight, first an introduction and a very big warm welcome to our 2 brand new Design Team members........ HELLO LADIES........and a little blog project from myself :)


~~~~~~~~~~

First it's Iwona Nowak-Marchewka AKA Reniferove



I fell in love with scrapbooking almost three years ago. I started with creating LO, occasional cards and albums.

For a year I have been dealing with mixed media and altering objects. Mixed media completely choked my heart and this is the technique I create most often. My favourite styles are steampunk, rustic and vintage. 

My works are characterised by layers, because thanks to this they are multidimensional, fluffy. All my works are made from the heart, for love of art and in each I put a part of myself.

And here is one of Reniferove's designs which I thought was incredibly stunning :)

See more from Reniferove 
Blog - http://reniferove-scrapy. blogspot.nl
You Tube -  https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCLVrIIRzOtaKhFjYj2UhSDA




And next we have Priya Mishra 

Hello, My name is Priya, a wife, a mother, a crafter and  a Human Resource Professional living in Thane, India. 
My journey into the craft world started with Paper Quilling and then about a year ago I came across this beautiful world of Mixed Media and fell in love with it. I have no particular style and I love to experiment with different products and techniques. 

I am a certified Craft Teacher of Pidilite Industries, India. This gives me the opportunity to take various workshops for the company where I teach school students, new crafters and hobbyists at different platforms. 

I take classes/ summer camps/workshops at schools, corporate offices and various places using their products.


This beautiful decorated bottle Priya made just blew me away:)

See more from Priya 

Blog - https://quillingbypriya.blogspot.com/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzQOYAVUABlNGux8Te_XA4Q/featured

They join myself, Teresa Morgan and Katie Lamb for the next 6 months. There's going to be more Video Tutorials as well, so excited to be working with all these super talented ladies, and I can't wait to show you what they are making:)

~~~~~~~~~
A Dragons Tale


So I was rummaging around the charity shop and found a bargain of 3 hard backed booked for just £1.00 and they looked like they have never even been opened and as I have just listed some new resins on the website I just had to use the dragon for my project. 

I gathered a few things I thought I might use on my book, including small small brackets, MDF Roman Clock, some Pearl Art Balls and scraps of paper. 












Using Soft Gloss gel and a rubber spatula I glued down several layers of papers, front and back. Its important not to just cover the book once, overlap a few times. 


Let this fully dry.















In the meantime prep the Dragon, hinges and clock face with Prima Black Gesso, its important to cover the resin with gesso so that other mediums with stick to it later.











Once the book is fully dry its time to distress it, I used a Prima distress tool and metal spatula to dig back some of the layers of paper.

Be rough on this part to achieve a good look, I could have done more at this stage lol:)

I also added the hinges using 3D matte gel









I wanted some colour and crackle in the centre, so used Paperartsy Chalk paints before applying the crackle glaze and then white paint over the top. 
















This I then sprayed with a old tea dye spray and left this to soak in a dry on its own.














I started dabbing a dark brown paint before going onto the Prima rust pastes for more  texture and depth of colour.











Once that had dried I tore some more of the papers back to age things further.  


Using Lindy's sprays, I covered my dragon several times until I was happy with the colour. 


Once I had the parts in place,  I used the Prima mini art stones and my white Pearl Art balls along with more Lindy's to add the finishing texture. 


All that was left to do then was to highlight with Prima White Gold Wax and add my text.


   

 

I am so pleased with how this turned out and hope this post was useful to you too, if you have any questions please let me know. 

The products I have used are linked below. 

Thanks for looking 

Jules 










6 comments:

  1. Love Dragons...have so many around my house and garden.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...
    What a Beautiful make. Love that Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya and welcome to the team 😆

      Delete
  3. Wonderful. Where did you get the dragon from please xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, it’s a resin piece available on my website www.artfuldays.co.uk xx

      Delete