Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 September 2017

New Design Team and Metallic Mixed Media Panel by Teresa


Good evening Crafter's.

I am so excited to introduce you to our brand new Design Team, each month they will be bringing you inspiration on crafting with your goodies boxes and  maybe even some other products from Artful Days ;) 



Chris our resident designer


Hello! I am Teresa and I live in Staffordshire, England with my partner, my daughter and her partner and our two cats! I have been crafting in one way or another for most of my life and started card-making around 12 years ago. I decided to start blogging a few years ago, and this led to me being invited onto a couple of design teams. I love to think outside of the box, and have fun trying out new products and techniques. I enjoy altered art, journalling, and mixed media, as well as card making. When I am not covered in paint and glue, I love to get outside and enjoy the countryside. I am an avid photographer, always looking for interesting details or beautiful plants to photograph. 


Hi my name is Sandra, and I live in the Netherlands. I am married and we have 2 daughters. I have been crafting all my life, and scrapbooking since 2009. Recently I discovered Mixed Media scrapbooking, and I absolutely love this. I also love to make mini-albums, and enjoy coloring with my Copic markers as well. 


Hello, I am Katie, based in the UK and I am a mixed media artist, well i try my best :). I was a Guest Designer for Artful Days last year and I really enjoyed the challenge of creating with different products that I wouldn't normal think of using.

And then of course there's little old me and I will be popping up with a project or two.
 


We shall be seeing lots of projects over the coming months, but first up on tonight's blog is Teresa with a fabulous Metallic Mixed Media Panel using this months Goodie Box Tweet Tweet. 

1.Glue a piece of patterned paper onto the grey board panel. Take some scraps of scrunched tissue paper from the packaging and glue in place with Mod Podge around the edges for texture.

2. Use mica sprays in black, gold, blue and purple to cover the panel allowing certain areas of the background pattern to show through. Keep spritzing until you are happy with the effect.



3. Paint the wooden embellishments and fabric flower with a coat of black gesso and allow to dry.



4. Arrange the embellishments on the panel and glue into place with all purpose glue once you are happy with the placement. Add some of the little texture stones and a sparkle gem and carefully apply black gesso to these too. 


5. Use more mica sprays and gilding waxes to highlight the texture and shapes of the embellishments.



6. Add a sticker sentiment to finish.




I am sure that you will agree a stunning first piece from Teresa.

We would love it if you can leave a comment to support our designers.

More from Teresa can be found on her blog - http://thefatcactus.co.uk

There is still a small amount of Septembers boxes left, please visit the store on www.artfuldays.co.uk 

Teresa has kindly made us an unboxing video so you can have a quick look at the contents:) 


Thank you for looking 

Jules xxx



















No comments:

Post a Comment