Search This Blog

Thursday 1 November 2018

Burgundy Heart by Reniferove





Hello Crafter's

Do you have colours which you never use, you might not like them or they are out of your comfort zone..... I had a sticking point with purple, but then for some reason I choose it for a online project and now its something I use much more often.

But what if you need to tackle a project with a colour you don't like for a gift for someone very special.... Well Reniferove had this same problem, but what she has created is simply stunning, you can see the comfort with the colour 

All the products used on this project are linked at the end of the blog


Today's design was a great challenge for me, because burgundy colour is not my favourite and I rarely use it. 

However, this box is a gift for an exceptional person who loves burgundy. 

What should I do? I stood up to the task and came out with something dark, a bit romantic in this bloody colour.




I started by painting the surface with a white gesso from Finnabair, and then I applied an acrylic paint in burgundy.

I darkened the edges with the black gesso and started arranging the composition.

















I used resin castings, metal wing and flower and some art stones to fill the space.

The whole was painted with Sparks Raven Black and Red Wine.


   



Thanks Reniferove 

If you have any questions about this or any project on the blog please do ask, we are more than happy to help.

Please leave a lovely comment to support our designers and thanks for looking.

For more projects for Reniferove please click on the links below 

Thanks Jules xx


Artful Days products used 

2 comments: