Search This Blog

Sunday 4 October 2015

Wearable Art ~ Clay Necklace

Hello 

Wearable Art, is something that has always fascinated me and there's some amazing people out there making it.

On the Paperartsy Blog the fortnightly challenge is Wearable Art, see here 

I have never really made any jewellery but inspired by the topic I thought I would give a necklace ago.

I found some jump rings, an old necklace and some cute charms to start with. 

I used paper clay for the main pendent and tried a few PA stamps in it but this one from Claire's range seemed to work best as it gave the best definition in the clay and I love faces!!

So how do you get things to hang??? I went with some eyelet pins and pushed them into the clay whilst wet and let it dry for about 14 hours. I found they still came out to ended up gluing them in. 

The I made some paper beads, another first, I did this from old book print and give them a shimmer glaze, I threaded them and some beads onto craft wire with a charm.

Next I painted the girl with Frescos and a very five brush. When that was dry I used glossy accents to seal and give some shine and when that was dry assembled the whole things.

Phew!!!

Hard work for me as I wear long nails and this stuff is fiddly. 

I am quite pleased for a first go. 



Hoping to have time to do a second piece for the challenge as there's something I really want to do. 

Jules xx

7 comments: