Search This Blog

Friday 15 July 2016

PaperArtsy #3UP - JOFY with Inks

Hello all 

I was really pleased to be chosen to be part of the PaperArtsy #3UP challenge. my stamps are from the  JOFY range.
Jo Firth-Young is the designer and I love her style, the stamps all integrate together
so well and are so versatile.

Please visit the shop and access the blog here  they have amazing rubber stamps and their own range of Chalk based acrylic paints. 

These are the stamp designs I was given to use.



I wanted to make a wall hanging, so choose a Papermache surface.








Using matt medium I covered the surface with book text front and back.


Then I used Lindy's stamp gang sprays over some white cardstock, I sprayed and then rubbed in with a baby wipe to blend the colours


Next I went a bit crazy with spraying Dylusions and Lindy's sprays. so I had to use a white spray over the top to calm it down. I was left with a lovely shimmer. Then stamped one of the floral images, I cut around flowers and set to one side. 


Next I stuck the sprayed sheet on the top of the wall hanging and then stamped the same image.


I added the flowers and some back ground stamps, lightly with a range of ink colours from Archival 


Then I started on the leaves, Stamping in green ink and then I water coloured them with distress inks 


Now for some heat embossing using a gold wow powder and a fantastic word stamp from Jo


I got carried away at this point and forgot to take any more step by step photos lol :) So I repeated stamping and colouring images with sprays and build up a 3D image using the wall stamp (love this one) I also gold embossed some little bee images. 

To finish I used some Classic Treasure Gold, to dust around the sides. I wanted to try and get a good colourful project in 3D and with a bit of a vintage feel and I am very happy with the result.

So here's the finished piece.




I really hope you have enjoyed the process, check out the rest of the blog here

Thanks 

Jules xx





1 comment: