Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 July 2016

The Design Team and Linda's Tags.

 Good Evening all

We are at that point again, over the hump and rolling in to the weekend :)

Tonight I would like to introduce you to the design Team for Artful Days Goodie box.

We have Chris & Linda who have both been crafting for many years with both unique styles




 I am a retired teacher, living in Staffordshire with my husband Pete. Mother to two gorgeous daughters and grandmother to four beautiful granddaughters.

I've been crafting for 10/12 years now. My crafting adventure started when I picked up a craft magazine in WHSmiths and discovered some gorgeous vintage wedding invitations. I was hooked. I soon discovered that a good friend of mine had already started card making and had built up a lovely stash of resources so 
could offer me good advice as to where to start!  My friend and I have enjoyed many workshops, classes and weekend craft retreats together, and explored different ideas and various media. 

I'm now enjoying art journaling and mixed media but I still make cards and love creating scrapbooks for family and friends. It's been a wonderful journey so far and I'm still learning! 



I am an avid crafter who loves nothing better than spending time in my craft haven creating and using all my craft goodies. I have been crafting most of my


live in one way or another. My dad taught me how to knit and I can remember sitting next to my nan while she taught me how to knit my dolls clothes which included knickers and vests. I had the best dressed dolly on the street.


I have also dabbled in embroidery and cross stitching as well as crocheting. I learnt to crochet when I lived in Turkey using a fine crocheting hook and cotton 
which they call Dantel. It is very big over there and a lot of the young girls make table cloths, doilies, edgings for towels, pillow cases etc for their bottom drawer.

I got into paper crafting about 18 years ago now. I was looking for some cards to put my cross stitching in to make my Christmas cards and was dazzled by all

 the fabulous papers, glitters, bling etc and that was it I was seriously hooked.


~~~~~~~~~

Linda is first up on the blog with her fantastic Vintage tag made from the July Goodie box. 

This is available on the website to order now, just click www.artfuldays.co.uk 
 for further details 




The tag measures 21.5 cm x 9 cm and I have added a double layer of lace to the bottom.


I tore a piece of the dictionary paper and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany Distress Ink Pen


I next cut down one of the Tim Holtz Found Relatives card and attached at an angle.


I then cut out the chair from one of the Prima Vintage Emphorium note cards, distressed the edges with distress pen in aged mahogany.


Using my PVA glue with fine nib attached the die cut word cherish


Created 3 flowers with large and small paper flowers and added pearl gems to the centres.



To finish off, I  used the string and curling ribbon from the packaging the goodies came in to thread through the hole at the top and curled the ribbon with my scissors.

Linda's blog is -  http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.co.uk/
You Tube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/malta1960

Thank you Linda, its a stunning tag I am sure you will all agree :) 

One last thing for tonight folks, we are having a give away to share with all your friends, a change to win the 5 fab products below. 



All you have to do is follow our blog, like the FB page and share the post, oh and don't forget to leave a comment on the FB post so that I can put you in the draw.  
Closes on the 27th June.

Thanks, I hope you can leave a comment for Linda, she has some amazing samples coming up as does Chris, so please visit us again :) 

Warm happy crafty hugs

Jules  xxx




4 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous tag! Love the vintage look :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag thanks for the inspiration.

    I received my box this morning and I am blown away with the contents,cant wait to be able to order the next box.

    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag. Received my box last week, can't believe how much you get for such a great price. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag. Received my box last week, can't believe how much you get for such a great price. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete