Search This Blog

Friday 28 October 2016

Flowery Canvas by Guest Designer Catherine

Hello Crafter's

Hello. Catherine from Inkyfingeredcat here to share another project I made using the steampunk goodie box.






 I decided to make another canvas as I had had such fun with the Christmas tree one I shared a few days ago. So I grabbed another canvas board and added distress stain and water to blend all around the edge. I knew I would be covering the middle so didn't bother with that. 




I then used the same distress stains to add colour to the laser cut cogs panel and other cogs in the set. Love how cool these look



I then grabbed some of the fab industrial themed paper from the Goodie box and inked the edge of it in the same stains, mainly the brown. I then started building a little cluster of loveliness... of course I forgot to take pictures as I was so busy enjoying myself! 



Whilst letting this all dry I turned my attention back to the background canvas. I added a little bit of text stamping in archival brown and some pigment white. This just added a little more interest whilst remaining subtle. 



I then glued down the paper panel and added the title which is another bit of stamping on some brayered book print and added a bit more of the white stamping.  

Once it was dry I used a mixture of Inktense pencils and Faber-Castell castellated Pitt pens to add definition and shading... and the white sharpie for highlights too!


I've loved playing with the many steampunk goodies in the box this month and still have loads left to keep playing with.  Such fun!

Catherine X 

Wow another fab project, love the rich colours, they work so well with the embellishments and paper from the box. A huge thanks the Catherine and the blog posts this week, if you love her work please follow the blog link below and hopefully we will see some more work soon:) 


If you love the creations Catherine made and would like to order a goodie box either on subscription or as a one off please go to http://www.artfuldays.co.uk/
The current theme is It's Christmas boxed up and is available to pre-order now.

Thanks for looking and please leave a nice comment. 

Jules xx




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous project and fabulous colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete